Join Sweet Adelines and barbershop fans around the world for the first-ever, fully-online, FREE Sweet Adelines International Virtual Convention.
2020 Sweet Adelines International Virtual Convention
Thursday, Oct. 15* to Saturday, Oct. 17
2–6 p.m. CDT (end time approximate)*
(Be sure to tune in early for the pre-show!)
*Exact date and time dependent upon time zone.
Access is FREE and EASY!
No registration needed.
(Remember that the link will not go live until the convention begins on Thursday, Oct. 15*.)
Here are a few of the highlights you can expect…
- Vocal and physical warmups led by Sweet Adelines directors and choreographers on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
State of the Organization Address
- Each day International President Joan Boutiler will talk about important issues and plans for Sweet Adelines.
Dynamic education classes!
- Thursday: “On the Road to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Navigating the Journey” with Justice Waidner Smith, M.A., Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Specialist
- Friday: “Judges and Competitors: Where Did We Begin?” with Renée Porzel, International Faculty and Certified Showmanship Judge
- Saturday: “Sweet Adelines International Judging and Competition 2020 Changes Explored and Explained” with Paula Davis, Judge Specialist Moderator and Certified Expression Judge
Special awards and presentations.
- 50- and 60-Year Member Celebration
- President’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- NAfME Award
- Ann Gooch Award
Curated performance showcases.
- Enjoy a short clip of last year's performances by the 2020 Champions and interview with each of the Champion Choruses and the Champion Quartet!
- Vibrant Sweet Adelines co-hosts Karen Breidert and Diane Porsch will relive their favorite moments in curated Quartet and Chorus Showcases!
Closing Songs led by Sweet Adelines champions!
- Music will be available on the Virtual Convention webpage. (Saturday's song will not be available. Details on the webpage.)
Virtual Harmony Bazaar
- Put the “shop” in barbershop...with our virtual Harmony Bazaar. (Good news — Harmony Bazaar hours are 24/7 this year!)